The artists arrangement is a special tax scheme which – unlike the arrangement for workers – among other things, offers the possibility to deduct professional expenses. The Dutch Tax Office regards you an artist if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a performing artist.
- You do not use a standard contract (former VAR) or tax withholding statement.
- ou live in the Netherlands and you are covered by the Dutch Tax Office or you live in a non-tax-treaty country.
- You perform in the Netherlands or you agree to payroll your foreign income here.
- You work less than three months for one client.
- It doesn’t concern a private performance or compensation for rehearsals.
Benefits of payroll via Artiestenverloningen:
- You don’t need a model agreement (declaration of independence: former VAR).
- We take care of your administration and invoicing procedure.
- You receive e-mail notifications of received and due payments.
- You can easily send in online assignments and make salary calculations.
- You are insured for all employee insurances (ZW, WW, WIA and WAZO) if you’re not fully using cost dispensation (a.k.a. ‘small dispensation arrangement’ (KVR).